Thank you so much for your patience, understanding, and support as we do everything we can to protect our people, our clients, and their pets.
- When you arrive with your animal, please call the number that was given to you on the phone or that is posted on the small or large animal entrances.
- A VMC team member will greet you outside of the Hospital entrance with your admission forms and will then bring your animal into the Hospital’s reception area for evaluation. Please note, our veterinary healthcare team may approach patients in personal protective equipment (PPE) for health and safety reasons.
- After your animal is evaluated, a veterinarian will discuss a plan for your animal’s care with you via telephone or in person through the window of your vehicle. You will still be parked in the Hospital’s parking lot.
- If you choose to move forward with the recommended treatment, you will receive a phone call from a VMC team member, and they will ask for your payment information so you can make a deposit for half the amount of the estimated cost of care. Our payment methods include credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). We also accept CareCredit. If you are interested in this option, please let our staff know.
- While your animal is in our care, you will receive updates from our veterinary healthcare team via phone, email, or text.
- While your animal is an inpatient at the VMC, you will not be able to visit them. This is to help protect our healthcare teams from COVID-19 so they can continue to offer emergent and critical care to our patients.
- The discharge process for your animal will be discussed with you via phone, and any remaining balance will be collected prior to discharge from the Hospital.
The MSU VMC has a full-service, non-commercial pharmacy to provide prompt and thorough resources to our patients. The Pharmacy will continue to dispense prescriptions as needed. If clients have animals that are inpatients or outpatients at the Hospital, they may call the Pharmacy at 517-353-7739 to request prescription information and prescription refills. Our Business Office personnel will contact clients for payment, and the prescription package will be given to clients outside of the Hospital’s main entrance, or Pharmacy personnel will bring prescriptions outside to clients during normal business hours (Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.).
The VMC will continue to distribute prescription food as needed. Clients can call the Business Office at 517-353-0691 to place orders. Our Business Office personnel will collect payment and prepare the order for pickup. The order will be given to the client outside of the Hospital’s main entrance by reception or Pharmacy personnel during normal business hours (Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.). Prescription food orders also can be shipped via FedEx for an additional charge.