In conjunction with our biennial fee review, we are taking a creative approach to limit increases in endocrinology test costs. To best meet client needs and create cost-saving efficiencies within the Laboratory, a written interpretation of endocrinology results may be requested but will no longer be included automatically as has been done previously for a small number of tests. For cases for which a written interpretation is desired, please be sure to check the box for an Endocrinology Interpretation of Results (20020) on the submittal form .
Tests impacted by this change are:
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D, Calcitriol (20524)
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D (20001)
- Basic Parathyroid Profile (20033)
- Endogenous ACTH (20006)
- Equine Oral Sugar Test (20552)
- Gastrin, fasting baseline (20007)
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1; IGF-1 (20005)
- Malignancy Profile (20030)
- Overnight Dexamethasone Suppression Test (20254)
- Parathyroid Hormone Related Protein (20004)
- Thyrotropin-Releasing Hormone (TRH) Stimulation Test (20066)
- Vitamin D Profile (20035)
Updated endocrinology and equine submittal forms reflecting these changes will also be available January 1. Using the current submittal form available on our website is always encouraged. Clients who utilize pre-printed submittal forms should contact us to receive updated forms.
As always, veterinary endocrinologists are available by phone during business hours to answer questions.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration as we implement this change. Please contact the Laboratory with any questions.