The CMIB Graduate Program accepts PhD and MS students for entry in the fall semester. The application portal for entry in the fall semester opens August of the previous year.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
The CMIB Graduate Program does not establish minimum cut-off values on any indices. Rather, we attempt to select those applicants with the most promise for superior achievement. The following standards serve only as general guidelines. The successful applicant will typically have:
- Four-year bachelor's degree that includes coursework that demonstrates proficiency in math and science
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.5
- Research experience
- Strong letters of reference that include evaluation of the applicant's research experience
- International students will have TOEFL scores of at least 550 with no sub-score below 52 (paper-based test) or 80 with no sub-score below 19 (22 writing section) (Internet-based test)
The CMIB Admissions Committee, in conjunction with potential faculty mentors, determines who will be admitted. An applicant's acceptance will be based upon:
- Academic record, including grade-point average, quality of previous training, and proficiency in English, as demonstrated by the TOEFL for applicants whose native language is not English
- Personal statement of professional goals, emphasizing areas of interest
- Three letters of reference
- Availability of appropriate mentors
One of the key factors for admittance to the program is availability of appropriate mentors with funding. Applicants are encouraged to examine the research interests of faculty in the CMIB Program for research programs of interest and to contact potential advisors to see if they are interested in accepting students and if they have funding.How to Apply Back to CMIB