The selection criteria for the Program is based on GPA, veterinary-related experience, evaluation forms, and applicant essays.
To be considered for admission, an applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, a minimum math and science GPA of 2.5 (with a minimum of 2.0 in all prerequisite math and science courses), and a minimum GPA of 2.5 for the applicant’s most recent 12 credits.
The average GPA of the admitted class for the last three years has been:
- Cumulative GPA = 3.26
- Most Recent 12 credits = 3.52
- Math/Science GPA = 3.22
Veterinary Related Experience
A minimum of 80 hours of veterinary-related experience is required. Veterinary related experience is defined as any hours spent volunteering, observing, or working under the supervision of a veterinarian or a credentialed veterinary technician. The total number of hours and the quality of the hours will be considered when reviewing an applicant’s file
Three Evaluation Forms
- At least one from a veterinarian or credentialed veterinary technician or nurse
- At least one from an academic reference (advisor, professor, or counselor)
- An individual of applicant's choice (non-relative)
- The applicant essays are designed to demonstrate an applicant’s knowledge and understanding of the veterinary health care team and the skills and qualities necessary to be a successful member of that team.
- The essays will be evaluated based on how effectively the applicant's thoughts are conveyed.