For the Bachelor’s Degree program:
- It is recommended that bachelor students complete 28 credit hours, including the prerequisites and additional university graduation requirements, prior to June 1 for the year of matriculation into the Veterinary Nursing Program. This will allow them to focus on their veterinary nursing curriculum and have a minimum number of university requirements left to complete upon entering the program.
- If not a current MSU student, an application must be submitted to the MSU Office of Admissions and to the Veterinary Nursing Program. The application to the Veterinary Nursing Program must be submitted by February 10.
- There are application fees for both the MSU application and the Veterinary Nursing Program.
- Current MSU students will only need to submit the Veterinary Nursing application.
For the Certificate of Completion:
- Students must apply to the Veterinary Nursing Program by February 10.
- All pre-requisite coursework must be completed prior to June 1 of the year of matriculation into the Veterinary Nursing Program.
Applying for Fall 2021
The Veterinary Nursing Program recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic may impact applicants' ability to complete certain requirements of the Veterinary Nursing Program application. We encourage you to include any pertinent information regarding this topic in the “Explanation Statement” section of the application. Information we receive through this pathway will be taken into consideration during application review. If you have not been in contact with one of the Veterinary Nursing Program's academic advisors, we highly recommend that you request an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Michigan State University is working on the specifics for fall 2021, and will share details regarding how campus will operate come that semester. It may be helpful for applicants to know that during this pandemic, the Veterinary Nursing Program and the College of Veterinary Medicine were able to continue all cohorts utilizing a combination of in-person laboratory instruction and virtual classroom sessions.
If you have any questions regarding your application or the Veterinary Nursing Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Apply to Michigan State University Apply to the Veterinary Nursing Program