All prerequisite courses must completed with a minimum grade of 2.0 by the spring semester preceding matriculation. 50% of the prerequisite courses must be completed at the time of application with a grade of 2.0 minimum. We accept prerequisites taken at any US accredited college of university. If your science prerequisites were taken more than 8 years ago, contact the Office of Admissions.
- College Algebra and Trigonometry (or pre-calculus or calculus)
- Physics I and II with labs*
- Chemistry I with lab*
- Organic Chemistry I and II with lab*
- Introduction to Biology I and II with lab
- Upper Level Biology such as Cell Biology, Physiology, Neurobiology, Immunology, or Histology
(For course approval, contact the Admissions Office.)
- Microbiology with lab
- Animal Nutrition (General or Human Nutrition will be accepted)
*Additional courses are required to fulfill these requirements if completed at a school with a quarter calendar.
AP credit can be used to fulfill introductory courses such as the math requirement, the Chemistry I requirement, the Physics I and II requirement and the Introduction to Biology I and II requirement.
General Education Prerequisites
- Arts and Humanities (2 courses) – must include two of the following subject areas: history; literature; art, music, and theater history or appreciation; philosophy; and religion
- Social Sciences (2 courses) – must include two of the following subject areas: cultural anthropology; economics; human geography; political science; psychology; or sociology
- English (1 course) – minimum 3 credits of English composition