Taking summer courses is not required, but many students like to take summer classes to shorten the amount of time it takes to complete the course requirements for admission to the DVM Program. Other students elect to take summer courses to diversify and enhance their own personal knowledge and growth. Whatever the reason, you may take summer courses at MSU or at a college or university close to home.

MSU Summer Courses

MSU offers many courses online during the summer. Students may choose to take their integrative studies in arts and humanities, social science, or a science course such as physics or biochemistry. Taking online courses still satisfies the admission requirements for MSU’s DVM Program.

For a list of courses that are offered at MSU during the summer, visit the online schedule of courses.

Other Colleges or Universities

If you choose to take a course or two at another Michigan college or university, you will need to complete and submit a guest application for another institution. This will enable you to be a guest student at that institution without completing that school’s application for admission.

If you choose to take a summer course at an out-of-state college or university, you will want to meet with an academic advisor to discuss the courses you plan to take in order to ensure that the courses will transfer to MSU upon completion.

All students may visit the transfer website to determine transferability of courses to MSU from other institutions. Be aware that you will not be able to transfer WRA 101, ISS or IAH courses once you have taken courses as an MSU student. Only your science courses will be able to be taken and transferred to MSU.