- $100 NAVLE Prep Reimbursement during your third/fourth year (PLUS $100 Reimbursement from the school)
- Free suture kit (required by the Cutaneous course first semester) when you join both SAVMA and the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA)
- Free lunch and dinner meetings with educational lectures
- Free day trips
- Travel grants
- Externship grants
- Your membership assists your other clubs in getting grants for labs and lectures
- Chances to participate in community service, leadership, and professional development = resume builder!
- If the first-year class has 100% SAVMA membership, SAVMA will donate $500 to their class account
All SAVMA members are eligible for the following benefits:
- Journal access
- Free access to all issues of JAVMA and The Vet Gazette
- Event and Conference Registration
- Free advance registration to the AVMA Annual Convention
- Invitation to the annual SAVMA Symposium hosted by a local student chapter – ONLY SAVMA members are able to register!
- Job Opportunities and Externship locator
- Access to My Veterinary Life a dedicated microsite for students and recent graduates.
- Access to the AVMA Veterinary Career Center, which provides job listings that match your resume and allows interested employers to search your resume
- Financial Health Resources
- Student resources for helping manage your debt and financing your education
- Help finding solutions to minimize your debt
- Full Access to the Member-Only Areas of the AVMA Website
- Policy area includes the AVMA professional policies, veterinary reference guides, Lit reviews, etc.
- AVMA Member Edge → exclusive offers, discounts, and other rewards
- Access to AVMA Axon, an online learning resource
- SAVMA Awards and Scholarships
- Apply to numerous monetary awards offered by SAVMA Committees to SAVMA members!
- AUTOMATIC CONVERSION TO AVMA MEMBERSHIP UPON GRADUATION
- This means no application to file and no dues to pay for the remainder of the year upon graduation
- Two additional years of reduced recent graduate AVMA membership dues
- One free registration to the AVMA Convention to be used within 5 years following graduation (over $500 value)
- Access to range of recent grad resources
- Access to AVMF student benefits
- Student Insurance Benefits:
- AVMA PLIT
- Complimentary veterinary student professional liability
- Auto, home, and renters insurance
- AVMA LIFE
- Complimentary student life insurance
- AVMA VetSTEPP
- Dental/vision insurance
- Hospital indemnity insurance
- Member long-term disability insurance
- AVMA PLIT
Please visit https://www.avma.org/membership/SAVMA/benefits-SAVMA-membership to learn more about these benefits!