The Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine stands against systemic racism and acts of violence against people of color. Read our full statement against racism here.
DEI Dialogue Tools
- MSU's DEI Report and Plan
- Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives
- Office of Institutional Equity
- MSU Gender and Sexuality Campus Center
- Building Inclusive Communities: Materials you can print out for your community, including posters, Zoom backgrounds, and more.
- Black History Month K-12 Teaching Resources from the MSU Office of K-12 Outreach
Diversity in the Veterinary Field
- "Ableism, Access, and Inclusion: Building for All Learners" Dr. Jay Dolmage speaks with the AAVMC
- Veterinarians as One Inclusive Community for Empowerment (VOICE)
- Why mentors matter—especially for black veterinarians
- The National Association for Black Veterinarians
- Black DVM Network
- "There I Said It…The Veterinary Profession Has a Long History of Being Complacent About Racism"
- DiVersity Matters from the AAVMC
- A Profession in Crisis: Discrimination in Veterinary Medicine
Messages from the MSU Community
Media to Consume
- 7 Anti-Racist Books Recommended by Educators and Activists
- Law Deans Antiracist Clearinghouse Project
- The Loft Presents: Danez Smith "Let America Be America Again"
- The History of Racism in America
- Talking About Race
- TEDx Talks to Help Educate on Racism and Actions to Eliminate it
- 10 Steps to Non-optical Allyship
- Brené with Austin Channing Brown on I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness
- Joe Thomas, Retired NFL: Just Being “Not Racist” Is Not Good Enough
- Are you racist? 'No' isn't a good enough answer – video
- The Unequal Opportunity Race
- Factuality Facts